Pick up from your hotel for Churches & Convents Of Goa Tour. Visit -
Se Cathedral - The largest church in Goa, the Se Cathedral is dedicated to St. Catherine. Built in Portuguese-Gothic style, Se Cathedral has a Corinthian interior and Tuscan exterior. The main highlight of the cathedral is the Cross of Miracles that attracts a large number of visitors. The bell of Se Cathedral is one of the oldest in the state and is known as the Golden Bell.
Basilica Of Bom Jesus - Situated in Old Goa, the Basilica of Bom Jesus was built in 1605 AD. The Basilica is home to the tomb and mortal remains of St Francis Xavier and is a monument typical of the classic forms of architecture introduced by the Society of Jesus, otherwise known as the Jesuits. It is the only church in Old Goa that is not plastered on the outside. The façade though un-plastered, is a magnificent example of baroque architecture combining elements of Doric, Ionic and Corinthian design, The interior of the church is a study in contrasts. The design in itself is simple, but the floor is laid with the finest marble, and was inlaid with precious stones. The retable of the main altar exhibits a huge statue of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the founder (along with St. Francis Xavier who was a founding member) of the Society of Jesus and below it, a small image of Bom Jesus (Child Jesus), the patron of the church.
On the southern side of the transept lies the Chapel of St. Francis Xavier. This chapel has carved and gilded columns and wood-carved floral decorations. This is where the relics of the saint are kept. The Basilica also contains a modern art gallery with paintings depicting various Biblical scenes.
Church Of Saint Francis Of Assisi - Built in 1665, the Church retains the portal of the older original structure which was in the Portuguese–Manueline style. In contrast to the simple outer façade the interiors of the church are lavishly decorated in the Baroque style using Corinthian influences. The highlight is the main altar, which has fine examples of this kind of work. The altar is dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi and has above it a huge statue of the saint. Flanking the altar are paintings on wood depicting scenes from the life of St. Francis of Assisi.
Saint Cajetan Church - One of the most beautiful churches in Goa, this gracious building stands in Old Goa, northeast of the Se Cathedral. Although the Church was originally dedicated to Our Lady of Divine Providence, it is more commonly known as the Church of St. Cajetan, who was a contemporary of St. Francis Xavier and the founder of the Order of monks called the Theatines. It was built with architectural similarities with St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. The facade exhibits superb examples of Corinthian architecture and has four statues of St. Paul, St. Peter, St. John the evangelist and St. Matthew niched within it. The interior of the church, whilst also Corinthian, shows Baroque, Rococo and Goan influences in the intricately carved and gilded work. The main altar is dedicated to Our Lady of Divine Providence, the patroness of the church.
Church Of Our Lady Of Immaculate Conception - Built in 1541, the Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is located in the town center of Panaji. The chapel was later rebuilt, in 1619, into the church that stands there today. The architecture of the present church is a beautiful blend of the Portuguese-Baroque and Goan styles. The imposing façade is distinctive with its two towers and even taller belfry. It can be seen from a great distance, and is sometimes known as the ‘crown’ of Panaji. The interior of the church is comparatively simple, however, the decoration has been skillfully and gracefully executed both on the main altar and on the two sub-altars which flank it. The church houses the ancient bell that was removed from the Augustinian ruins of the Church of Our Lady of Grace and is considered to be the second largest of its kind in Goa.
After sightseeing drop off to your hotel.